This belt fort was responsible for controlling the road to Dijon and the plateau of Langres to the southwest of the citadel.
The Fort offered two levels of fire; It was equipped with a vast longitudinal barracks with two levels opening on a vast courtyard. Initially bastioned, it was profoundly modified after the war of 1870 ; In order to rectify the course of the foreheads and heads, part of the ditches were vaulted! Particularly rare, these vast rooms used for storage are still preserved and offer unmatched volumes.
Fort de la Bonnelle is one of the few Langrois works to have engaged a duel of artillery with the Prussian troops in November 1870.
For group only. Appointment Tourism Office of Langres area.