SOUTH TOWER CATHEDRAL
GPS : 47.864169,5.334935
Téléphone : 03 25 87 67 67
Email : email@example.com
Fax : 03 25 87 73 33
St. Mammès' Cathedral was built between 1150 and 1196 in the centre of the canons' district. It is a skilful combination of Burgundian Romanesque influences and the first timid attempts at Gothic design. The original West Front was replaced in the 18th century by a frontage in the Classical style. The majestic interior is 94 metres long and 23 metres high up to the vaulted roof. The impression of width in the nave is emphasised by the gradually increased spacing of the pillars, opening up the view of the chancel.
South Tower: magnificent panoramic view of the town and the surrounding countryside from the top of the tower (45 metres tall, 227 steps)
Dates and Times of opening
April, May, June, September: Wednesdays, Saturdays, Sunday and public holidays 2pm - 6pm, except during services.
July-August, daily, 2.00pm - 6.30pm, except during services.
3 € (including an audio-guide) - no charge for under 16s.
Languages used on the information boards
Audio guide languages
|Cathédrale St-Mammès : l'escalier de la tour Sud||Cathédrale St-Mammès : l'escalier de la tour Sud||Cathédrale St-Mammès : la toiture et ses tuiles vernissées|
|Cathédrale St-Mammès : la toiture et ses tuiles vernissées||Cathédrale St-Mammès : la toiture et ses tuiles vernissées||Cathédrale St-Mammès : la toiture et ses tuiles vernissées|
|1 - 2 - 3||suivant|